#TWIMA8

Hello everyone!

Today I want to share with you a great, fantastic and wonderful experience I had with this educational tool.
Its name is "#TWIMA8" and means The World Is My Audience, the 8th Edition.

In this Flipgrid, you can visualize other teachers' stories and add your own one.
The Purpose of this Grid is "For the last 6 years I have been working with students to create and share digital stories with the world. Our students have a global following from an early age except in one place...school. Writing and publishing those books with students has changed their audience from a single teacher to the whole world. It has made all the difference. Instead of writing a book, this grid will focus on oral stories. I hope you join me on this adventure! #twima"

This is very funny and educational because you can learn and reflect about other people stories and think about it. And if you want to reply a video, you can do it too! So it is very enjoyable.
This tool is very intuitive and allows you to interact in an easy way with people who are far far away.

The pros that I can find is that you can create a public code for your Flipgrid and it is an open community, but you have to sign in first before you can create a grid and upload your own video.

But a significative con is that if you have the code, you can watch the grid thereby you, as the teacher, have to be aware that you are working with under-age students. So, if you want to work with them you need to set a password for the Grid and it will be private.

Here is the video of my story.

If you can't see it, click here.

Feel free to tweet about #twima8 on Twitter!!

I also tweeted about my experience in #TWIMA8, check out here!

Finally, I think that this tool has very educational purposes if we can teach to our students and we want to collaborate with other schools in an eTwinning project, so I really recommend you to check it out!!
Moreover, we can create a new Flipgrid and encourage students to participate in a universal project. For example, we can create a #tinystory as this one, but by recording instead of tweeting. Or we can use this tool to create a timeline for a history lesson, such as Prehistory, Middle-Age, Modern-Age and so on. Even we can create a Grid of cooking Recipes!

This is a multi-purpose tool, so be creative and embark in a new adventure!

See you!

Comments