A Problem-solving Comic!

Hello everyone!
Last week I had a problem with my children: the group excluded one girl because she was different, so they didn't wanted to play with her. First, I thought it was temporary, but it still until last Friday. So I spent all the weekend thinking and thinking how to solve it within having to talk about it directly.
It was Saturday morning, and Capi came to me looking for food and I had an idea: I created a comic!!
This comic is about how people can ignore each other because they don't really know. And when they found something in common, they can be friends easily.
I hope you enjoy it!!Mi children did!
Made with Storyboard That
If you can't see it, click here.
After reading the comic, I asked them few questions and we were talking about our hobbies, and we all made a conclusion: we love to see wild animals and insects in spring, so my class is know called "beehive", my students are bees and I am now Queen bee.
Now, we are decorating our beehive and I feel that the group is closer and they are becoming friends, I am very happy with the result!

I've never used a comic to solve a situation but I think that is really good tool, because you can make children aware of a problem without telling them directly, which is better for kindergarten.
This time I used "Storyboard That" which is a website that allows you to create a comic. 

Storyboard That is a very intuitive tool, so you don't have to follow many instructions, even playing around with the items you can get awesome results! The best thing is that it is free, but limited. If you want all the advantages you have to pay for premium, but with the basic pack it was enough for me. In deed, I think that it can be managed for older students, such as 4th graders or older. It is a very safe website because you don't have to sign up with social networks, or upload images if you don't want, even there are not characters or pictures about violence or something that children shouldn't see. It is simple if you can make it simple, or go further and make a complicated comic if you want, too.

Here are the steps I followed for making my comic:
First, I signed up and a board appeared with 3 cells that you can, later, add until 6 cells for free.
Then, I selected a scene (there are a lot of different scenes, such as town, school, work, transportation...!)
After, I chose my main character: there are people, animals, monsters... And you can modified their pose, their look, even their expressions! 
Finally, I wrote the story, adding text tables and speech bubbles. And, at the end, I printed the comic to show my students.

I spent all morning making it, because you have to edit a lot of details, but I am very happy with the result, I hope you enjoy it too.

See you!

Comments